Friday 22 May 2020

The Ups and Downs of a day

As mention in my last post, the sewing machining really caused me so much pain which got worse as the day went on. However with my left foot I managed to make a small quilt for my ‘tiny’ collection. 
I also made a couple of loaves.

The rest of the day was spent either sitting by the pond or just listening to Stephen Fry’ Mythos reading on an audiobook.
Think this is a Wagtail, I really need to learn the names of the birds in my garden.

Two, there were four before I took the photo, frogs having a party.



A Blackbird drinking from the bird bath.

Chris was suddenly busy with controlling people going out doing Welfare Checks and I did not see him until Ten O’clock, usually the evening are fairly quiet for the 4x4 rescue service.

Surprise early evening Richard turned up with Eleanor, they walked down the side of the house and we sat in the garden 6ft apart. It is the first time I have seen either of my granddaughters for 3 months, I so wanted to give her a hug, but could not because of staying safe. They were only here about 1/2 an hour but I had happy tears when they left, it so cheered me up.
Richard and Eleanor 6ft away.

The evening Clapping for the NHS and other much needed workers ended my evening at 8pm, before watching TV and bed.

Thank you for the comments I much appreciate.
Please note they are all read before appearing on my blog.






2 comments:

Vera said...

That was so nice you could see your family, ours live about 70 miles away so can not see them at the moment. Your garden looks lovely & have birds visiting you

Christa said...

I love when birds visit. Unfortunately I also had a rabbit visit because all my lilies (with buds!) were eaten. Still, it is fun. And seeing the children/grandchildren is wonderful. We are also still in a "stay home / stay safe" mode. But we can take car drives to parks for exercise walks.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...