Saturday 16 May 2020

Early morning walk

8.30am and time for a walk to the post box, important to remember friends birthdays, even if I am running out of birthday cards!
While putting on my trainers I admired my tulips, every week I can get a food delivery I order a bunch of their cheapest flowers, the past three weeks it has been tulips for £2.50 from Sainsbury or Tesco [cannot remember which], previously it was daffodils. Each week the tulips have been a different colour, love these dark purple bunch that arrived 4 days ago.

It’s quite nice out this morning, the extremely cold wind seems to have died down a bit, and even though its uphill I make it to the post box. Asthma and being unfit and overweight make going up even the smallest incline a struggle. We walk around the estate admiring other peoples gardens.
Audrey your birthday card is on its way.

Back home I water my new plants that were delivered yesterday, they will make a nice display under the ugly Laurel tree, which we do not want to remove as it fills in the edge of the garden and stops people walking all over it.  Maybe when we get back to normal I will have another plan for it.
Geraniums, pelargoniums and Petunias that will hopefully cover the space in flowers and brighten up a dull area.

Now its time for a hot chocolate.

Love to hear your comments, all are read by me before posting to the blog to stop scammers.







1 comment:

Vera said...

The flowers are lovely, I got a £3 bunch from Asda 3 weeks ago & they are just going

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...