Wednesday 13 May 2020

Day 62 of Stay at home

The weeks and days roll by in a blur, if it was not for the food deliveries there would be nothing on the calender.
I really got out of sync last week, and for probably the first time I did a load of washing on Sunday, thinking it was Saturday. I never wash on Sunday the Lords day! I hope He will forgive me.
Most days I can stay upbeat but sometimes it is hard to see an end to this virus and normality returning.

Today started out well, with an early morning walk around the cemetery, it is nice that people say ‘good morning’ where once no one spoke.

The company refunding us on the RV hire from our cancelled Route 66 trip have said the refund is going in the bank today. It seems to have taken an age, but so nice to know we are getting it, now if the insurance and British Airways [I am going through the complaint procedure with them] will do the same we will be really happy bunnies.

Progress is being made on my La Passion 1/2 inch hexagon quilt.
In the background small 1 1/2 inch squares are having freezer paper ironed on to them.
Next box contains shapes ready to tack into shape.
The other box contains plain squares cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces ready for the freezer paper treatment
My Fiskars cutter is in action cutting the hexies  from the freezer paper strips.
It’s all go at the moment in the Happy Room.

We like to eat our main meal midday, while the Solar panels give us free electricity, and to be honest it gets the cooking over and done with !
We have fallen into the routine of having a game of UpWord after the meal. This game has not seen the light of day for years but we both enjoy it.


You can tell how old it is by the Midland Bank, which no longer exists, £20 Bronze cloth money bag that holds the UpWord tiles.

Stay safe everyone and if you find the time I love reading the comments, which are all read by me before posting on the blog.




1 comment:

Jude said...

The hexagons look lovely. I am working on my double quilt and coming towards the end. Done by hand but my hexagons are 1 and 1/2 inch.
I have given up counting the days. I walk the dog but otherwise good deliveries are my only entertainment!
Stay well and safe. X

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...