Friday 15 May 2020

Butterflies and days

Last Saturday was Sunday and yesterday was Wednesday but today is Friday !! Am I loosing it or have I got lockdown fever ?
Here we are half way through May and still no end to the Covid 19 in sight.

Most of the time I enjoy being at home and working on my crafts and the garden, but sometimes it all becomes too much, but I think it is the same for everyone.  A new area of garden was cleared and dug over by Chris and I would love to just get in my car and go buy plants but I cannot. A little research on Market Place and someone local is selling just what I want, she will deliver them today and I’ll leave the money in an envelope for her... no actual contact.

My son took my Labyrinth quilt to the longarmer [is that a word?] as he drives near her home on his way home from work, and yesterday one of the guys delivering food parcels with the 4x4 rescue service was near enough to be able to pick it up for me.  I have the binding cut ready so now the two just need to get together and then it will be another finish.

To continue decorating the new Summer House I am thinking of attaching butterflies to the walls, and made a couple of samples on my embroidery machine to see what I think. What do you think?
Two are 3D and one was a free bonus ME pattern I received this week.
It has been years since I made the 3D butterflies, and was a real struggle remembering how to make them. Luckily I could look through old blog posts and see I made a quilt for one of the girls and attached  a selection of 3D butterflies.

Keep safe, stay in everyone and keep well.
If you have time to leave me a comment I would love to hear from you.


4 comments:

Vera said...

Enjoy reading your post & what you are making. The Butterflies are lovely, hard to choose. Like you I do a lot of craft work but we all miss our friends & groups we go to. Keep writing your blog Vera

Vera said...

Enjoy your Blog & seeing what you are making. The Butterflies are lovely hard to choose

Unknown said...

Make it a garden in the garden, put in flowers and butterflies and ribbons and beautiful things :-)

Jude said...

I hope this works! I keep trying to leave a comment but nothing happens.
I love the butterflies. All of them but especially the red one.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...