Thursday 7 May 2020

May IAM in lockdown

Today should have been our IAM craft group meeting, where eight of us get together to sew, knit, crochet, make lace etc.etc..  Always a fun day full of chat and laughs.  This May IAM day is a lot different as we are all of a certain age and in lockdown unable to meet up.

Everyone takes it in turn to bring a nice dessert, so I have made a lemon drizzle cake and will have a piece with my lunch.

My project for the day is to make a banner for my new Summer House on my embroidery machine.
I started yesterday and now my Happy Room looks like a craft bomb has hit it... threads everywhere, fabric busy in the Brother embroidery machine and general mayhem everywhere.
I am making them in a long row, to save fabric, and they will be cut into banner shape and backed before attaching to a long bias binding strip.
Four triangles ready for cutting out and backing.

Some of my embroidery threads, yes I have lots more in the cupboards!

I think teddy sitting on his chair is wondering what all the noise is about. 
Banner number six being sewn out.


No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...