Monday 25 May 2020

Ocean Scene

Longing to see the sea, and unable to use my sewing machine for long, I looked for an embroidery machine project as this does not involve using a pedal and causing me pain in my side.
I found the perfect pattern on Sweet Pea Machine Embroidery, Ocean Scene hanger/runner.

As I am working on filling a space on my wall with miniature quilts I decided to work on the smallest size 5x7 hoop.  There are five panels to sew out using the appliqué method before stitching the fancy stitches... all this is done in the hoop. Luckily I have lots of blue fabric in my stash and it was fun choosing the colours. When all five panels are sewn out 75170 !!! Stitches in total, it is a small job to sew them together on my ordinary machine, and I am getting better at using my left foot on the pedal.

The first hooping panel, four more to go.

Next to the pond I can dream it is the beach and the waves are pounding on the shore.

Like most of us I have been feeling a bit down with day 74 of staying home and no end in sight, so a change of craft is a good tonic.

I really enjoyed sewing this design and may do another. I am thinking it would look good with a golden sunset, what do you think?

I love to hear from you and All comments are read by me before they appear on the blog.


2 comments:

Vera said...

They are looking good love the colours of the coast, we are lucky & live near the sea in North Essex just a short drive away. Have never tried Machine Embroidery, my Sister has done it, only got a basic machine. Gone back to X stitch as can sit outside & sew in a good light & a change from knitting & crocheting keep well

Happy Room Diana said...

Thank you Vera for your comment, I started with a small hoop machine but soon progressed to a large hoop machine that I love.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...