Friday 1 May 2020

May 1st

We continue to find things to do while staying home, and in the past week I had a delivery of plug plants. Of course they arrived on the wettest day this week, so a lot of the planting was done in the kitchen!
72 tiny plug plants needing some tender loving care. The parcel had been in the post for 5 days so I am amazed there are only two casualties.
I gave them a good soak before planting them in small flower pots and putting them in my new mini greenhouse.
I am expecting great things and a garden full of colour !

My mini greenhouse is now bursting at the seams, with runner beans, courgette, ginger and my new flower plants.

Another project was to use 25 copper leaves made for me years ago by a friend. I strung them on garden twine and hung them on two black metal shepherds hooks. As I only have two of these hooks they are in pairs and tinkle in the wind. When I next place an Amazon order I’ll get two more.
I am hoping they will be a deterrent to the heron that likes to dine on my fish occasionally, plus they look so nice glistening in the sunshine.
My planters would normally be full of colour by now, but it has been impossible to buy plants until recently.




No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...