Tuesday 3 November 2020

Donna Nook Seals

We had booked a ticket to go and see the seals yesterday, and our slot was 9am to 10am.
Awoke to torrential rain and the coldest day so far this trip.
We waited until just after 9am and decided to drive the half hour to the Sanctuary in the hopes it may stop raining, needless to say it did not stop but was a little lighter. 
I am so pleased we went and it was wonderful to see the seals basking amongst the marshes with their young.






October / November is the start of the breading season.
The Donna Nook site is on the edge of a Military Base, and the whole time we were there a jet plane was swooping and looping and very noisy over the marshes not that the seals seemed to mind one bit.

I thank you for leaving me a comment, but due to the way I post to my blog I am unable to answer you unless you leave me an email or facebook link.
Vera, love the idea of Christmas masks, must look out some fabric when I get home.

Stay safe everyone,  Diana


2 comments:

Vera said...

Lovely to be able to get close up to the seals. Given our son the xmas masks I made, now need to make more as friends also want them

Christa said...

So sorry you had your trip short. I would have loved the seals. I had no idea that England had them. Lucky you for your camper.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...