Wednesday 18 November 2020

Cozy, Sewcialites and Little Village kits

Yesterday afternoon I decided to try and work on my 1/2 inch hexagon quilt. It has been on the back burner for sometime, and I often wonder why I ever started it, as hand piecing is really not my thing.
So, feet up, tele on, and I managed to make some progress. In fact all the hexagons are on, just the long job of removing the tacking and papers before deciding what to do with it next! I love the tennis and Theim and Nadal were playing, so the afternoon went quickly and it was a great match.

The Cozy quilt I have been working on, its a block of the week with Pat Sloan, I decided I did not like my colour choices, so have managed to cut out the five blocks we have already received in a different colour way, they are ready for the machine some time today. The four blocks I had already made will make a cushion or something!
It’s a free quilt along based on the Hygge, Danish life style.

I also have the latest Sewcialites block ready to machine
This is also a free sew along with the Fat Quarter Shop. I am using a single Dimples Fabric Colour in each block.

Lastly I have started another new quilt and have been working on cutting out some of the pieces.
I love anything red, and have always wanted to make a ‘house’ quilt. This one really took my fancy as each house has a different quilt ‘wall’.
The pattern from Jessica Dayon called Little Village Quilt Along, is also free on her blog post. Jessica designed it for 16 different coloured FQ’s but I like the all red look.

I am so grateful to all these wonderful designers that offer these patterns for free.

Time to crank up the sewing machine and get sewing, but a quick breath of fresh air and walk to the post box first.

Please leave me a comment, I read them all before they appear on my blog.








1 comment:

Vera said...

I like sewing Hexagons, takes lot so time but rewarding, look forward to seeing it finished. I have a Jelly roll one day will make a quilt from it.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...