Thursday 19 November 2020

Sometimes the unexpected brings you to tears

Tomorrow is my birthday and as we are still Shielding and in Lockdown I have felt very gloomy, not seeing anyone or being able to go out even for a meal.  My Dad died on my birthday 17 years ago and it is always a bitter sweet memory.

It is wonderful how a friend can lift you, probably more than they will ever know. Two different friends have left a gift on my doorstep, and a third elderly friend from church just brought me a beautiful cake, that had me in ‘happy’ tears.
Lemon drizzle, iced with a D what could be better?

I have kept myself busy sewing and managed to complete 6 Cozy blocks and get right upto date with the block of the week. Four of these blocks I had already made but didn’t like them so remade them in a different colour way. 
Picture not very good as I have them on my table and its too height to preach for a good photo.
The Cozy quilt it based on the Hygge Danish lifestyle.

I also managed to get upto date with the Sewcialites block of the week.

Now it’s time for tennis and removing more tacking and paper from the 1/2 inch Henie quilt.







1 comment:

Vera said...

Happy Birthday, enjoy the day

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...