Monday 9 November 2020

The Parcel

Great excitement here today, plus some sadness. A large box arrived from the USA containing a painting my Dad made thirty plus  years ago.




As a child we lived near the Midford family, my Mum was great friends with Phyllis and I was friends with her daughter Robina. Robina and I had some wild holidays in the Lake District as teenagers!  Robina married had twins and moved to the USA, followed by Phyllis a few years later. We all kept in touch, and I visited Robina a few times in the USA.  My Mum and Dad decided to go to the USA for a months holiday staying with Phyllis and Dad a keen hobby artist painted a picture to take with him as a gift.


The Royal Scot 1927  on the Pinmore Viaduct in Scotland


This article appeared in the local Ohio newspaper.

Left to Right, Phyllis, Mum, Dad, Robina and Roger. Sadly they have all died now.


I am so please to have this painting returned to me by Helen, Robina’s daughter, it certainly has travelled some miles!

1 comment:

Vera said...

Your Dads painting is so good, can see where you get your talent from for crafts. The painting would make a lovely Jigsaw Puzzle

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...