Tuesday 10 November 2020

‘Virtual’ sewing day with a friend

My friend Dorn and I had a sewing day planned for today, but then Lockdown 2 came along, and we are no longer able to meet, so decided to have a ‘virtual ‘ sewing day.

My list of ‘To Do’ was 
1] complete sewing down the binding on my USA Star quilt and add a label.
2] sew the two Sewcialites blocks I had already cut out
3] Sew the six filler blocks for the Cozy Things Quilt I am working on
4] Add to my Leaders and Enders blocks.

Label made on my embroidery machine, and completed hand sewn binding. 

USA Star quilt hanging on my new rail
Six Cozy Things filler blocks completed
Two Sewcialites blocks sewn 
I’m amazed how many Leaders and Enders blocks I’ve made today, every time I start or stop machining.
Finally I realised I have walked around all day like this, one slipper on, one off. 
I prefer to sew with no shoe on, wonder where I left the other slipper!

Great motivation having a friend sew along, even ‘virtually’.
Almost 3pm and I have completed my ‘To Do’ list, time for a cuppa.










1 comment:

Vera said...

You have been busy look forward to seeing the finished quilts

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...