Friday 13 November 2020

Santa’s Sleigh & Tesco!

First the good news..

Yesterday I used my Embroidery machine to sew out the sections of a Santa Sleigh and his reindeer. I managed to get them joined together and decided I just wanted a small binding as it is a long way round so I would do it on my sewing machine.

This is a first for me as I have always sewn my double 2 1/2 inch bindings to the front and hand sewn them down to the back.
I cut binding 1 & 1/4 inch wide and ironed a 1/4 inch fold. This was then sewn to the back of the sandwiched fabric.
Turning the folded edge to the front I machined it down with a small buttonhole stitch, in hindsight I wish I had used a fancier stitch.


Santa and his Reindeer ready for either the mantelpiece or I’ll use it as a table runner.

Now the bad news...

For TWO hours FIFTY FIVE minutes I was waiting in a queue to reserve a Christmas slot with Tesco before I gave up.
I was so sick of looking at a Christmas dinner, Chris and I took it in turns to watch the site refreshing itself.

We’ll put you through as soon as we can... this probably meant sometime on Christmas Eve ! Even my ipad battery had to be plugged in as it was going flat waiting.. 


1 comment:

Vera said...

Hope you can get an order in for Christmas. Love the materials, so many lovely ones for Christmas

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...